The Worship Commission works to actively involve parishioners in our liturgies. To get involved in any of the following ministries or committees, please contact the parish office at 612-866-5089 or General Email.
St. Peter’s has a variety of liturgical ministries for parish members. Volunteers are trained and scheduled at regular intervals. The commitment can be as flexible as needed. Positions include:
- Altar Server (4th grade to adult)
- Eucharistic Minister of Holy Communion
- Sacristan (setup before Mass)
Music Ministry strives to give praise and glory to God and helps people recognize, through sung prayer, that God loves them and knows of their joys and sorrows. This is accomplished by recruiting as much talent and involvement as possible through volunteers from our parish community.
- Adult Choir rehearses Wednesday evenings in the church and sings at the 9:00 AM Sunday Liturgies. Youth and adults who enjoy singing a variety of music such as traditional hymns, American folk tunes, spirituals, Gospel music and contemporary songs are welcome.
- Contemporary Choir rehearses Wednesday or Thursday evenings and sings at the 11:00 AM Sunday Liturgies where guitar and piano are the primary accompaniment. Youth and adults who like to sing to music played in an upbeat manner and in a casual/informal setting are invited to join.
- Children’s Choir sings twice a year at our Christmas and Easter celebrations with three rehearsals prior to each event. Grades K-8 are welcome.
- Instrumentalists such as drum, flute, guitar and oboe players are invited to play at our 11:00 AM Contemporary Mass on Sundays and/or at special feasts and celebrations during the church year. Rehearsals for the Contemporary Mass are Wednesday or Thursday evenings.
- Seasonal Choir members are invited to join our Adult or Contemporary Choir for the celebrations of Advent/Christmas and/or Lent/Easter. Those who prefer a short-term commitment are welcome to sing during these special seasons.
- Cantors are those who individually, or paired with others, enjoy leading the congregation in song at our liturgies. Cantors may rehearse on their own, with choir or contemporary rehearsals, or with special arrangement with the accompanist.
The Environment Committee coordinates the decorating of the sanctuary and church for all seasons by following liturgical norms and traditions of the parish and by creating a respectful and prayerful environment for worship. For more information please contact Linda at 952-934-8053.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word
C.L.O.W. is offered during the Sundays of Advent and Lent during the 11:00 am Mass.
Children ages 3 to 10 are blessed and dismissed from Mass for their own reading and reflection of the scriptures. Children and leaders return to the assembly in time for Eucharistic prayers. Adults and teens may serve as prayer leaders for this ministry by contacting Mike in the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. .